Danube Cycle Path Vienna – Bratislava – Budapest
Season: April – October.
On this classic cycle tour you will experience the diverse natural beauty of the Danube and will visit three of the most important cities situated along the Danube – Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest. All three cities – the capitals of Austria, Slovakia and Hungary – boast intriguing histories dating back to pre-Roman times and are must-see destinations during the tour.
*Base price for a double room in low season. Please ask for a detailed offer down in “BOOK NOW”.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Cycling Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Self-guided Cycling Tour
Departure days: Friday, Saturday and Sundays
(From April 22 to 30 April and October 2 to 14, only departures on Saturday)
Duration: 8 days – 7 nights
Category A: selected 4* comfortable hotels in all cities
Category B: 3* hotels/inns; in Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest 4-star hotels
Over the course of the eight day cycle tour you will discover and learn about the intriguing history of the ever-changing Danube and the landscape that it traverses. Highlights include: a visit to the Castle of Eckartsau in Austria, the residence of the last Austrian Emperor Karl I and his wife Empress Zita before they were exiled to the Portuguese island of Madeira in November 1921. In Bratislava: St. Martin’s Cathedral where the coronation of Hungarian Kings took place between 1563 and 1860; in Esztergom in Hungary where King Stephen, the first Hungarian king, was born and accepted his coronation and in Budapest where Empress Sissi of Austria was also crowned Queen of Hungary in 1867. All of this plus much, much more will certainly make for a trip of a lifetime.
- 7 nights in rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast or dinner option (Cat. A: 7x dinner, Cat. B: 6x dinner, in Vienna breakfast only)
- Daily luggage transport up to hotel in Budapest (max. 2 pieces of luggage (max. 20kg/piece), max. 30 kg/Person)
- 1 x train Mosonmagyarovar – Györ (incl. bike)
- 1 x ship or train transfer (before/after seasonal shipping schedule) Szentendre – Budapest (cat. B)
- 1 x ship transfer Esztergom – Visegrad (cat. A)
- Service-hotline (also accessible on weekends)
- Return transfer by public bus from Budapest to Vienna, most common departure at 3 p.m. (excl.bike)
- Handlebar bag with maps and information material per room
- Bike rental (optional)