Cycling the Vía Verde del Noroeste and Ricote valley. Murcia. Spain
The last spanish Moriscos.
The Region of Murcia has been a terrotiry rich in Cultures and History. The Comarca del Noroeste and the Ricote valley are two perfect cycling destinations to find out some of the most important historical and cultural traces of the mediterranean sea.
*Base price for a double room in low season. Please ask for a detailed offer down in “BOOK NOW”.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Cycling Style Holiday TypeOn Road, Touring
Activity Level Moderate
Self-guided Cycling Tour
Departure days: Everyday
Duration: 7 days – 6 nights
The last moorish of the Ricote valley, the trace of the House of Los Vélez and its marquessate or the signification of the Holy Cross of Caravaca de la Cruz. From the milanery orchards of Murcia, the Vía Verde del Noroeste (cycle lane) will lead you into the most rural and forestry part of the Region of Murcia. The fortress of Mula, the vineyards of Bullas or the Holy Cross Sanctuary of Caravaca are some of the milestones who mark the first part of your trip. During the second part, you will cycle the Ricote valley, from the head city of Cieza, finding out sceneries with air of Palestine. The Segura river will be your companion until Murcia.
- The green orchards of Murcia
- The old quarter of Mula with its churches and monastries
- The peacefull on the Vía Verde
- The vineyards of Bullas, typical of the Mediterranean landscapes
- The inmensity of the Llanos del Cagitan flatland
- The impresive holy Cross Sanctuary of Caravaca de la Cruz
- The narrow valley of Ricote
- Documentation and maps of the trip
- Accommodation for seven or eight nights at inns and 4* hotels with breakfast
- Luggage transfer between your accommodations
- Bike rental (optional)
- The price of tickets and visits to monuments
- Lunches and dinners