Salzburg and the 7 lakes by bike
This tour presents you the famous beauty of this summer region of the former Austrian emperor house. The “Salzkammergut“ is known as the capital of The Sound of Music and belongs to one of the most charming regions in all of Austria: blue lakes, imposing mountains, green meadows and forests truly create a fairy tale landscape. The pristine lakes Mondsee, Attersee, Traunsee and Wolfgangsee are the most well-known lakes in this region.
*Base price for a double room in low season. Please ask for a detailed offer down in “BOOK NOW”.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Cycling Style Holiday TypeOn Road
Activity Level Easy
Self-guided Cycling Tour
Departure days: Daily arrival
Duration: 8 days – 7 nights
- Cultural metropolis Salzburg
- Wolfgangsee with its imposing Schafberg
- Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl
- 7 nights in room, private facilities
- Breakfast or 7x dinner (surcharge)
- Daily luggage transport (1 piece p.p/ max 20 kg)
- Ship ride on the lake Wolfgang incl. bike
- A sweet break “Zauner Jause” in Bad Ischl (coffee & cake)
- Service-hotline (also accessible on weekends)
- Handlebar bag with maps and information material per room
- Bike rental
Individual arrival and bike hand over (if you have booked our bikes). Use the extra time for a stroll through the picturesque old part of this cultural and fascinating town.
Salzburg – Wolfgangsee, approx. 45 km
You begin the tour exploring the birthplace of the world famous classical composer W.A. Mozart. Cycling along the breathtaking Drachenwand you reach the beautiful
Mondsee. Enjoy the downhill to St.Gilgen and let the day end up with a ship ride on the “Wolfgangsee”.
Wolfgangsee – Traunsee, approx. 41 km
You explore St.Wolfgang before you cycle to the old imperial village of Bad Ischl, where you find traces and follow the footprints of Emperor Franz Josef and his Empress Sissi all over the area. A “must-do” is a stop at the famous pastry shop “Zauner”. Along the river Traun you cycle until Traunkirchen.
Traunsee – Attersee, approx. 40 km
One of the many highlights on this tour is the stop-off in Gmunden. Gmunden is a scenic village on the northern bank of the Traunsee and nowadays it’s well known for
its touristic importance and beautiful handmade ceramics. Move along further to the gorgeous area of lake Attersee.
Attersee – Mondsee, approx. 33 km
Follow the light blue Attersee until Unterach. After 2km narrow Valley you discover the legendary Mondsee. Cycle along the northern bank until you reach the picturesque city of this lake. Savour the plenty possibilities of the Salzkammerguts facilities.
Mondsee – Trumer Seenland, approx. 46 km
Riding comfortably through the land of Mondsee, passing the natural Irrsee until you reach the Trumer Seen. Fans of Beer should visit the Trumer brewery!
Trumer Seenland – Salzburg, approx. 46 km
On the day before departure there is still plenty of time to enjoy several natural finished places to hop into the fresh water. Along the enjoyable and cozy cycling enjoy nature’s beauty and pristine until Salzburg.
Individual departure or extend your stay in Salzburg.
- All bike tours are unescorted.
- The mileages and approximations are distances of the recommended routes.
- Please be prepared by packing all necessary items, for example, proper rain gear (jacket and pants), sun hat, sunscreen and proper sport shoes.
- The arrival journey to Salzburg is not included in the tour price and has to be arranged on your own
- Train station Salzburg or Vienna; airports
Vienna, Salzburg or Munich
Country roads, cycling paths, field paths, terrain is hilly with some larger uphill stretches. Please be informed that there will be more traffic on country roads during the summer holidays.
Rental bikes & equipment:
- 7-speed bikes UNISEX with back pedal brake or 21-speed bikes (ladies/gents)
- Electric bikes, children’s bikes, specialized equipment for children upon request
- All rental bikes are equipped with a pannier
(saddle bag) and an odometer (except Electro
parking garage Linzergasse (entrance Glockengasse) approx. € 72,- per week