Danube cycle path Linz – Vienna
Temporada: Abril – Octubre.
The Linz to Vienna cycle tour is an exciting and diverse experience. You begin this five day variant of this popular route in the Upper Austrian state capital of Linz.
*Base price for a double room in low season. Please ask for a detailed offer down in “BOOK NOW”.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Cycling Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Self guided cycling tour
Departure: Every day
Duration: 5 days – 4 nights
Accomodation: 3 and 4* hotels and inns
Explore the city on the bright yellow Linz City Express (not included) and/or ride the steepest mountain railway in Europe, built in 1898, up Pöstling Mountain. The start of the cycle tour will see you ride through the wild Strudengau region and the Baroque village of Grein, home to the oldest city theatre in Austria. The enchanting Wachau is a landscape of vineyards, apricot trees, small towns and mysterious castles.
Don’t forget to sample the renowned local Austrian wine or spritzers! The crowning conclusion of this grand cycling tour is the metropolis of Vienna with its numerous and charming attractions, welcoming cafes and lively culture.
- 4 nights in rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast or 3 x dinner (in Vienna only breakfast)
- Daily luggage transport (1 suitcase per Person/ max. 20 kg)
- 1 bottle of high-level wine in the Wachau Valley per room
- 1 x tasting of regional products
- 1 x train Krems – Vienna incl. bike
- 1 x train ride Vienna train station West – Linz (transfer own bikes not incl.)
- 1 Danube-Card per person – valid € 4,90 (min. 20% discount on the regular admission at more than 70 cooperation-partners)
- 1 x handlebar bag with travel book, maps and information material per room
- Bicycle rental (optional)
Individual arrival. Explore this spirited city on your own: Why not take a ride on the Linz City Express (not included) or visit one of the many beer gardens and/or wine taverns? Linz is a city of contrasting sights and is full of traditional Austrian heritage, is home to a vibrant Contemporary Arts scene.
Linz – Strudengau, approx. 60 km
Passing through the beautiful Mostviertel, you cycle on to Grein. Shortly before reaching Grein, the Danube valley narrows as you cycle through the fascinating landscape of the Strudengau. In the small Baroque village of Grein you can find the oldest city theatre in Austria as well as a great Maritime Museum and a castle.
Strudengau – Nibelungengau, approx. 40 km
You will cycle through the impressive landscapes of the wild Strudengau and the Nibelungengau continuing on to the remarkable Wachau (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Region).
Nibelungengau – Vienna, approx. 48 km + Train ride Krems-Vienna
Follow the Danube through the gorgeous landscapes of the Wachau on your way to the 1000-year-old winery city of Krems. Observe and enjoy the exceptional Gothic architecture. From here, sit back and relax by taking a comfortable train ride to the Danube metropolis, Austrian capital and city of the Waltz, Vienna.
Before leaving Vienna make sure you visit the famous Naschmarkt (international foods/goods) and/or stop by the beautiful imperial castle Schönbrunn. The train ride is provided back to Linz (personal bike with surcharge), or of course you can extend your stay in Vienna.
- All bike tours are unescorted
- The mileages and approximations are distances of the recommended routes
- Please be prepared by packing all necessary items, for example, proper rain gear (jacket and pants), sun hat, sunscreen and proper sports shoes
- The arrival to Linz is not included in the tour price and has to be arranged on your own